Adult Contemporary Romance
Available February 3, 2015
from Battered Suitcase Press
(an imprint of Vagabondage Press)SUMMARY: One wedding. Six participants. Be they sitting in the pews or standing at the altar, bearing witness in person or only in spirit, each of them knows something about the unsmiling bride. Go ahead—offer them a sixpence for their thoughts, and they'll make you these vows:
- One would love to declare this woman his “awfully wedded wife.”
- One fears what she already has and will have to hold—if not from this day forward, then soon.
- One takes her to be richer, not poorer.
- One is better for what she told him this morning, worse for betraying a friend to get to this point.
- One worries whether today finds her in sickness or in health.
- And only one already knows that not even in death will they part.
Add it to Goodreads.
Available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and batteredsuitcasepress.com.
I read this today. It's a quick read about a wedding celebration from a number of points of view. It kept me guess right up until the end and I wasn't sure who I should be rooting for. So, I ended up rooting for everyone a little. It's not a story about perfection but about the human condition and all of us muddling through, trying to do our best, taking chances, making compromises, and enjoying happiness when we can. The prose was beautiful and uncomplicated. I especially enjoyed the grandmother's POV and her rather no nonsense views. Loved it.
RAFFLECOPTER: In celebration, Rumer is giving away 4 free ebooks of this 9,000-word novelette, and a lucky 5th winner will receive the ebook PLUS an authentic silver sixpence coin struck by the Royal Mint in London! RSVP at the Rafflecopter for your chance to win (runs from 2/3 - 2/14).
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rumer-Haven/e/B00MU2NXXW/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1 Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RumerHaven (@RumerHaven)